Foursquare integration appeared about one year and a half ago, and some of them focus on our deepest fears. One of them is the 2012 zombie apocalypse, which raised even more awareness some days ago after the Miami case. The following days, we observed people faking zombie behaviors, chasing people in the streets. This prank is about to become a classic but some people seemed to believe it was real as the government had to announce that there was actually no zombie apocalypse!
But how is Foursquare involved in zombie apocalypse? Well thanks to its GPS location system, games around MMORPG format appeared, like Mob Zombies, Please Stay Calm or Zombie Hood.
They suggest a very fun aspect of Foursquare concept:
- The user scavenges locations (by checking in on Foursquare) for supplies, cash and medicines
- There is the constant danger of being attacked by zombies and the gamer has to fight them back
- One location that you pick will become your safehouse
- In Please Stay Calm, friends can check in at the safehouse to strengthen it
- It’s possible to fight back or duel with other users that checked in at the same venue
- The user has objectives and tasks. Experience points and rewards are earned by leveling up
Mob Zombie is different in the way zombie hordes chase the user when he checks in at a venue. The hordes are actually generated by human activity and surrounding structures.
And you, what about YOUR zombie apocalypse ?
Apps available at: